[openib-general] List of issues in uverbs

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Aug 31 14:21:42 PDT 2005

viswanath krishnamurthy wrote:
> 1. ib_cm_destroy_id(cm_id)
>     hangs (does return to the caller)
>     Is there a particular shutdown sequence
>     that needs to be followed ? Is there a trace/debug
>     I can enable ?

There's no significant debug to enable.  What app are you running that's calling
ib_cm_destroy_id()?  I didn't think that the ping pong tests used it.  Are you
trying to call this function from within a CM callback?

The call will hang while there is a CM callback outstanding or if a CM event has
not been completed by calling put_event.

> 2. libmthca library crashes when a server accepts
>     lots of new incoming sessions. See log (gdb)
>     in the attachment. (It accepts about 170
> connections) Looks like a memory allocation issue.

The log file borders on unreadable.

> 3. Kernel oops when lots of traffic between multiple
>    clients and server. Very consistently
>    reproducible.  See attachment for details

Can you clarify what application you're running?  I can't understand your
configuration from the log file.

> 4. Is there a way to get the Port GUID from
>      incoming connection. I can only get the remote
>    node guid, but not the port GUID from the CM REQ
>     data. This was possible in gen1 stack.

You can use the returned path record to obtain port information.  What do you
need the port GUID for?