[openib-general] UC connection server

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Dec 6 10:14:47 PST 2005

Hi Steve,

On 12/6/05, Steven Wooding <steve.apo at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The idea is to use a PC-based stack that does use the standard CM
> interface. I can then make a connection with that. The PC then gets
> the info about the real QP from the embedded device via some
> proprietary method.
>
> The problem with this idea is that in the standard CM protocol, it
> forms the connection using the LID that the REQ was sent to.

Actually, it's the other way around.  The CM uses the LID from the
path information in the REQ as the destination of the MAD.  There is
no way currently to send a CM REQ to another LID than the one
indicated in the REQ's path information.

> But I need to change this to the LID of the embedded device. I've
> looked at doing path migration which looked like it might do this,
> but I could do with some advice.

No, path migration will only work accross ports of a single HCA.

- Fab