[openib-general] UC connection server

Steven Wooding steve.apo at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:57:52 PST 2005

Hi Fabain,

> I think what Steve wants to do is issue a REQ, send it to the PC, but
> have the path record go to his embedded device (which has a different
> LID).  The CM protocol supports this, but the implementation of the CM
> looks at the path record to determine the destination of the CM MADs.
> Supporting this would require some way for the user to set the target
> of the CM MADs independently of the path information contained in the
> REQ.  Adding an optional extra path record for the CM path might do
> the trick.

That's it in a nutshell really. I don't know how useful such a feature
would be in the wider IB community. We've been forced into this
position by a vendor not following the standard.

I wanted to check with you guys whether there was a quick solution
that was ready to fly. It seems that this feature would need to go
into the openib drivers, which we don't have time or money to do. We
do have a backup solution from the vendor, but its non-standard and I
was trying to keep our side of the interface use the standard.

Anyway, thanks for your suggests. It's all useful info.

Regards,

Steve.