[openib-general] Re: [kDAPL]questions about the LMR creation of different types of memory

Ian Jiang ianjiang.ict at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:43:42 PST 2005

Hi Grant,
Thanks very much.
I scanned the IO-mapping.txt, DMA-API.txt and DMA-mapping.txt as soon as I
could and have got a main concept now.
As your mentioned, ULPs in OpenIB (e.g. SDP or IPoIB) are responsible for
properly mapping and unmapping for DMA use. AFAIK, SDP is implemented with
the IB native verbs. What about the kDAPL? In my opinion the kDAPL does not
do the mapping and unmapping work. So it is the responsibility of the kernel
applications using the kDAPL. Am I right?

--
Ian Jiang
ianjiang.ict at gmail.com

Laboratory of Spatial Information Technology
Division of System Architecture
Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences