[openib-general] CM oops in cm_free_msg()

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Wed Feb 2 11:40:17 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 08:49:27PM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:

> >  On another note, calling ib_cm_establish from CQ callback context, I
> >would expect to see a callback from the CM that I've entered ESTABLISHED
> >state, but looking at the code, that does not appear to be the case. Is
> >this something that wasn't intended, or just isn't there yet?
>
> This wasn't intended.  The assumption being that the user knows that the
> connection was already established.  I don't think that it would be too hard
> to add.  (The only issue that jumps to mind at the moment could be a
> potential race condition processing a DREQ.)  Is this something that you
> need?  Would you need the callback from one of the CM's threads?

Sean,

  Aside from not getting a callback after issuing a ib_cm_establish()
The other holdup on the active connect side, is that on the old CM I
would get a established callback based on the RTU being sent. If either
of these calls (ib_cm_establish or ib_send_cm_rtu) generated an
established callback, I would not have noticed that the other wasn't
generating a callback. Can we have callbacks for both?

-Libor