[openib-general] CM comments

Fab Tillier ftillier at infiniconsys.com
Wed Feb 2 13:05:10 PST 2005

The state diagrams in the spec seem to imply that the MRA gets resent for
every subsequent message received for which the MRA was originally sent (see
the MRA Sent states).  So a REP received in the MRA(REP) Sent state results
in a resend of the MRA.  Likewise, a REQ received in the MRA(REQ) Sent state
also results in a resend of the MRA.

Are the IB_CM_MRA_XXX_SENT states needed?  I don't see anything in the IB
spec that prohibits a client from sending multiple MRA messages, but maybe I
missed it.  If the CM repeats the MRA as described above, then I think only
allowing the client to send one MRA is fine.

I don't think the LAP message should be retried by the CM.  Section 12.9.8.6
of the spec states that the REQ, REP, and DREQ can be retried.  The LAP does
have a timeout for a response, but no retries.

- Fab