[openib-general] OpenIB Architecture, kernel mode driver examples

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Fri Feb 4 17:31:28 PST 2005

See "Documentation" link on www.openib.org.
You might also look at http://www.infinibandta.org/home

> 2. What are the APIs exposed by OpenIB Access Layer ?? I am not
> referring to the VAPI_XXX APIs but the ib_XXX APIs ?? Can someone
> refer me to some use-cases ??

I'm hoping that is covered under "Documentation"...if not...

> 3. I want to write a simple Linux kernel mode driver that uses the
> APIs exposed by the OpenIB Access Layer (NOT the VAPI). The driver
> does simple send/receive of messages. It does not need to use IPoIB or
> SDP or other kernel level services. Is there anyway I can get access
> to Sample code for such a driver.

You can get the actual code. See "Developement tools" and how
to pull code from the subversion source code repository.
The current IPoIB driver is included.

hth,
grant