FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Feb 10 10:19:47 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:38:30AM -0700, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> we're back into the "we did a spec, so the code can't change" loop.

No we aren't. I consider it just a starting point.
If someone volunteers a different starting point (like roland
did for mthca), then let's use that. Either way, incremental
change from a working code base is a good way to boot strap
a project.

Not everyone is happy with gen2. Alot of functionality got
dropped when compared to gen1. This means the size of the
community that is interested in helping test got alot smaller.

> To break out of the loop, one need merely:
> - repeat "spec? what spec? we don't need no steenking spec" out loud*
> - burn the spec in your fireplace or wood stove
> - write code

Well, that works best IFF one has time and a clue what to write.

grant