FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 10 10:28:54 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Well, that works best IFF one has time and a clue what to write.

oops, that whole 'you have to have a clue' thing just ruled me out.

To a large extent, I am writing tongue-in-cheek about the 'burn the spec'
idea.

My concern is that we avoid a slavish adherence to the spec that might
rule out good ideas. This is probably reaction from my checkered past of
involvement with the ISO/OSI protocol stack disaster of the late 80s ...
in any event, I would hate to see us avoiding good ideas because they are
not 'in the spec'.

ron