FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 10 19:01:17 PST 2005

> For kDAPL:
> The iSER has been submitted to Open Ib by Voltaire already.
> NFS-RDMA is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfs-rdma/.
>
> For uDAPL: Oracle, DB2 and MPI.
> I am not aware if there is an open source MPI version on uDAPL.

As I indicated in my talk at the OpenIB workshop, we are providing a
port of our open source MPI (MVAPICH2) on uDAPL. I also presented some
initial performance results of MVAPICH2/uDAPL/VAPI on IBA and
MVAPICH2/uDAPL/GM on Myrinet. We are currently testing/tuning it on
uDAPL support on other interconnects.  We will be releasing this
version of MPI in the next few weeks. Once the uDAPL layer is
available for OpenIB, this MPI version can also run on top of that
stack.

This will allow the community to have an open source MPI version on
uDAPL for various (existing and emerging) interconnects.

Thanks,

DK Panda
OSU