[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Mon Feb 28 11:47:29 PST 2005

Paul,

ATS (Address Resolution Service) is based on each node registering a
service record in the SM/SA with GID&P_Key=IP address.
When you want to map an IP address to IB address it issues an SA query
to the SM/SA with an IP that results in GID+P_Key values than can be
used by the ULP.

ATS is a standard defined by DAT and recently also by ICSC.

As I mentioned in the IP to GID API you can specify if to resolve based
on the IP infrastructure (like the one Libor described), or based on
ATS, or Default (first try IP/ARP, than ATS).

And as you mentioned there is value to have the same API for different
resolution mechanisms, the SDP code can be altered in future to ride
over the proposed API, so it can be used without TCP/IP.

Yaron