[openib-general] IB Address Translation service

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Mon Feb 28 15:37:55 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 21:47 +0200, Yaron Haviv wrote:
> And as you mentioned there is value to have the same API for different
> resolution mechanisms, the SDP code can be altered in future to ride
> over the proposed API, so it can be used without TCP/IP.

I am not sure you are gaining much by having SDP use straight ATS.
Already, once the ARP table is filled with the information, it is a
local cached lookup.

Now if the service posted to the SM included the ports that the SDP node
was listening on, then that would speed up connections, but that would
no longer be ATS (as defined).

-tduffy