[openib-general] Question

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 28 14:46:16 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> OpenSM is responsible for initializing the fabric (and needs to work
> with an uninitialized fabric).

??

You mean, if you have an initialized fabric, opensm can't work?

Is there useful material on the web that explains this? I keep looking for
good technical docs on this stuff but keep finding stuff like "IB is the
future" and "IB replaces fibrechannel" and "IB market is growing" but not
the kind of good information I keep seeing on this list.

ron