FW: [openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD access

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 6 10:02:36 PST 2005

> Yes, I guess it's not so bad to add port_phys_state to struct
> ib_port_attr.
> But I'm still wondering whether it's useful at all.
>
>  - R.

You are correct that this is not critical. The Logical state is enough
for most cases. It is just cleaner for the umad library to check the
Phys state to select a port and not the Logical state, because the last
one can (at least theoretically) be transiently DOWN. Physical state is
the one that I really want to check. As I already say, it is not
critical.

Shahar