[openib-general] suggestions for features

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jan 7 12:00:08 PST 2005

Sean Hefty wrote:
> * Having a way to access cached attributes directly from the ib_device
> structure would be nice for that matter.  Specifically, the CM needs
> access to the CA GUID and cached GIDs.

I *just* discovered that there is a GID and PKEY cache stored in the
device structure.  I'm removing my CM specific caches in favor of using
these.  As a side note, I've added a new call to cache.c that I'll
check in once I verify that it works.

ib_cached_gid_find(*device, *gid, *port, *index)

The call returns the port number and optionally the index.  This is a
change from the call with the same name in the roland-merge branch in
that the device is input.