[openib-general] OpenSM died a horrible death

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Thu Jan 6 13:42:24 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 20:03 -0500, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Do you know what was going on on the subnet at the time ? Did a end node
> SA client request a PathRecord with a SGID of 0 but turn the component
> mask bit for SGID on ?

Running the subnet with opensm exposed a bug on the Solaris side that
caused a kernel panic.  One of the Solaris engineers was bouncing the
machine a bunch trying to reproduce/fix this issue.  I am not sure about
what messages were being sent on the wire when this happened as I was
not at either machine.

> Also, out of curiousity, what were the options that OpenSM was started
> with ?

Just -v.

-tduffy