[openib-general] Re: mstflint failing on sparc64

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 8 13:40:56 PST 2005

Hello!
Quoting r. Tom Duffy (tduffy at sun.com) "Re: mstflint failing on sparc64":
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 20:28 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Crashes on access to mapped memory.
> > Could you print mf->ptr and offset at that point?
>
> (gdb) print mf->ptr
> $1 = (void *) 0x70304000
> (gdb) print offset
> $2 = 984060
>
> > Generally, do yo happend to know if mmapping /dev/mem
> > to userspace works on this architecture?
>
> I can't imagine that it would not.  I will see if I can dig info up.
> The one thing that is weird on sparc64 is that the pci bus is virtually
> (not physically) addressed.  I don't know if you take that into account.

No, but I expect /dev/mem together with /proc/bus/pci/devices
(and the resources file on newer systems) to take care of that,
giving me the resource address and not just the pci BAR.

> > > begin 600 devices
> >
> > Woa , uuencode, haven't seen that  for a while.
>
> It was mime text/plain base64 going out for me...

Okay, hmm, maybe I see some bug: I am parsing the data into unsigned
integers, I expect they are 32 bit, right? And I see
/proc/bus/pci/devices has a 64 bit integer there, that could be
a problem.

Could you try now that I have changed that?

Anyway, if it does not help, maybe you could give me the strace and
/proc/iomem that I asked for.

mst