[openib-general] Some Missing Features from mthca/user MAD ac cess

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jan 10 12:08:25 PST 2005

I'm sorry if I did not explain myself very well.
I did not mean to say another application will respond to SMInfo.
Nor I claimed that SMInfo should be used for anything else but SM to SM
discovery.

I only referred to the idea that one can set the SM bit by inspecting the
mask of registrations to mad filtering requests.
I assume that one can register by supplying a mask. Now - you probably do
not have any control over the mask an arbitrary application might use. So
depending on it not to set the SMInfo bit (even though it will not process
the mads) is too risky in my mind.

However, from your response it seems like only one client is allowed to
register as the receiver for incoming requests of specific attribute. Is
this correct? If this is the case then a careless application can block the
SM from obtaining any SMInfo or other queries.

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director
Mellanox Technologies LTD
Tel:+972-4-9097208