[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Jan 13 08:43:40 PST 2005

Grant> Good news: Topspin firmware 3.3.2 can run netperf w/MSI-X on ia64
too
>Bad news: I'm getting weak perf #s on the ZX1 boxes (~1580 Mbps ==
~200MB/s)

I found this paper about 10gig ethernet on Itanium where they were
not seeing that good of performance and were able to increase it by
changing some BIOS setting that controlled PCI-X burst size. Perhaps
this
might also help IB, although they state in the paper that this seemed to
help more with larger MTUs, so with our 2K MTU, not sure if it will help
or not.

http://www.supercomp.org/sc2003/paperpdfs/pap293.pdf#search='10%20gigabi
t%20ethernet%20performance%20on%20Itanium'