[openib-general] Re: patches from subversion

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Wed Jan 19 22:22:16 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:53:51AM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Hello!
> Quoting r. Grant Grundler (iod00d at hp.com) "Re: patches from subversion":
> > SVN appears to be missing is the "-p" support - it generates
> > universal diffs by default. But complains about "-up" params.
>
> This is an understatement:

geez...major understatement.

>       /* We don't currently support any options (well, other than -u, since we
>          default to unified diff output anyway), so if we received anything
>          other than that it's an error. */

This completely disagrees with mail one of the SVN developers posted:
   http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=414

| We can't go and support all diff programs out there.  We currently
| use diff compatible cmdline arguments.  If you want to use a different
| tool you need a wrapper to extract the arguments and pass those to
| 'exam-diff'.

I was scrounging through email since the regular documentation
is less than clear in how to specify and use "-x".

In any case, "-x -up" when specified with the real GNU diff
seems to work fine. No need for an additional wrapper.

grant