[openib-general] has anyone tried MSI-X on Opteron?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Jan 24 17:20:48 PST 2005

    Peter> I finally got a chance to do this on our nforce4 based
    Peter> system. see attached.

    Peter> can you tell me what are the relevant bits that you are
    Peter> looking at?

Thanks.  By the way, does the HCA work in this system?  Does it work
with MSI-X?  Can you share which motherboard you're using?

I was curious to see the HyperTransport capabilities in the nForce4
PCIe bridge, specifically to see whether it reports an "MSI Mapping"
HT capability.

Unfortunately checking this requires a dump of the whole PCI tree, not
just the HCA part.  Fortunately I did receive a dump of an nForce4
system and it does show that the bridge has an MSI Mapping cap, which
means that there's hope of using MSI-X on nForce4 systems.  However,
the dump was for an unreleased preproduction system so I can't share
it yet.

Thanks,
  Roland