[openib-general] has anyone tried MSI-X on Opteron?

Peter Buckingham peter at pantasys.com
Mon Jan 24 17:43:57 PST 2005

Hi Roland,

Roland Dreier wrote:
> Thanks.  By the way, does the HCA work in this system?  Does it work
> with MSI-X?

I haven't had a chance to do much testing on this. most of the testing
that has been done is with gen1. i have compiled gen2 in there at the
moment and i see the appropriate ib0, /proc/infiniband, etc. i may be
able to do a little testing with this later in the week.

> Can you share which motherboard you're using?

it is one that we've built ourselves.

> I was curious to see the HyperTransport capabilities in the nForce4
> PCIe bridge, specifically to see whether it reports an "MSI Mapping"
> HT capability.

okay.

> Unfortunately checking this requires a dump of the whole PCI tree, not
> just the HCA part.  Fortunately I did receive a dump of an nForce4
> system and it does show that the bridge has an MSI Mapping cap, which
> means that there's hope of using MSI-X on nForce4 systems.  However,
> the dump was for an unreleased preproduction system so I can't share
> it yet.

okay, no problems.

peter