[openib-general] pls correct openib_faq.txt (was Re: patches from subversion)

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jan 26 07:02:48 PST 2005

Quoting r. Tom Duffy <tduffy at sun.com>:
> > |   (or modify ~/.subversion/config: diff-cmd = ~/bin/mydiff)
>
> This didn't work for me.  I needed to spell out the whole path to
> "mydiff".  For some reason, I guess "~" was not be expanded properly.
>
> Also, you have to put this line under the [helpers] section, which you
> may need to create if it is not already in your .subversion/config.

It just bit me on a new machine I was configuring.
Please put the following in FAQ:

<CODE>
It is preferred that patches are generated with the diff -up option.
Here is a sample command line:
svn diff --diff-cmd "/usr/bin/diff" -x -up FILENAME

or using a "mydiff" wrapper:

svn diff --diff-cmd $HOME/bin/mydiff
or modify ~/.subversion/config by adding the following lines:
----------------------
[helpers]
diff-cmd = /<PATH-TO-mydiff>/mydiff

----------------------
where <PATH-TO-mydiff> should be replaced by the full path
to $HOME/bin/mydiff, and where "$HOME/bin/mydiff" contains:
#!/usr/bin/perl
exec ("diff", "-up", at ARGV);

</CODE>

(Please note an empty line is required at the end of the helpers section).
Thanks,
MST
--
I dont speak for Mellanox