[openib-general] roland-uverbs: CQ consumer index

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Jan 31 11:33:12 PST 2005

    Libor>   Without knowing how much code difference there will be
    Libor> between Tavor and Arbel native mode, I'm wondering if it
    Libor> makes sense at some point to have seperate hardware drivers
    Libor> for the two parts? Just curious what the your thinking is
    Libor> on the value of maintaining the same code base for the two.

I've gone back and forth between whether it's better to split mthca
into two drivers or keep it as one driver that supports both Tavor and
Arbel modes.  A lot of the code is common but there are also a lot of
differences.  Right now I think keeping one driver is a little better
because it's fairly easy to keep the Arbel-specific code in mthca, and
I keep coming up with places where it would be very awkward to turn
the common code into a library.  However I've gone back and forth in
my mind a bunch of times so we may end up with two drivers before it's
all over.

 - R.