[openib-general] how to choose appropriate ULPs for application

王锡贵 wxg at ict.ac.cn
Wed Jul 6 06:26:00 PDT 2005

Hello!

    We plan to run lustre on InfiniBand. But now lustre does not support IB.
I know noting about the IB stack. So I think the IB Upper Layer Protocol(SDP, DAP) could be used to transport data for lustre.
	But there are too many ULPs over IB. I know little about them. As far as I konw, iSER/SRP is for SCSI command transportation. So, it seems both SDP and uDAP are OK for my plan. I cant tell the difference between them. Which one is better, SDP or DAP? I don't konw how to choose?

	Any suggestion is appreciated!

        致
礼!

Sincerely yours