[openib-general] Re: calculate inline data size

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Jul 7 09:09:18 PDT 2005

    Michael> why dont you decide what size you want and use that?

I think we have a bug -- when we calculate the max_inline_data size,
we don't take into account the fact that an RDMA write WQE will have a
remote address segment.

I'm not sure what the best solution is here.  We can report
max_inline_data as 16 bytes smaller to handle the RDMA case -- but
this means someone doing sends only could actually post more inline
data.  Or we could split the cap field into max_inline_send_data and
max_inline_rdma_write_data and report the two values separately.  But
that may be too complicated to be worth it.

 - R.