[openib-general] OpenIB maintainers and iWarp

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jul 8 15:50:20 PDT 2005

I was asked by one of the OpenIB promoters to send an e-mail directed towards
the iWarp vendors with respect to maintaining the software stack.  I believe
that the current OpenIB development process is sufficient for supporting iWarp.

The OpenIB stack has several maintainers focused on different components.
Typically whoever submits new code becomes the maintainer, but write access to
the main repository is restricted to specific individuals.  I believe that Matt
Leininger controls the access.

According to the initial agreements made by the OpenIB members, I was chosen as
a vendor neutral maintainer of the kernel verbs API, and Roland was selected as
the lead liaison between OpenIB and LKML.  Since then I believe that OpenIB has
evolved to a true open source development project where the maintainers simply
do what's right based on their technical knowledge and community feedback.

If there are any questions, please post them to the list.

Thanks,