[openib-general] Re: userspace event reporting

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jul 12 13:22:40 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com>:
> >I think the proper solution is to record the event in the object itself.
> >For example, on cq event set bit "event received".
> >Then after object goes away events go away without flags, states and
> >ugliness.
>
> What we're suggesting is that the "event set bit" be a reference count.  Some
> objects, like a listening cm_id, can have multiple events outstanding at once.

For cq, there can only be one outstanding event of each kind at a time.
So you can just keep a mask of events that happened, avoiding any mallocs.
Is that not the same for cm?
Anyway, once you can get all events from a given object, you can just go
and remove all events, without state, reference counting or whatever.

Thats what I advocate instead of waiting until all events are delivered.
Makes sense?

--
MST