[openib-general] matching an RMPP NACK to send or receive?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 14 13:37:34 PDT 2005

Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> I do not understand your question.
> If you have an RMPP transaction active - it carries the TID with it.
> So when the ABORT or STOP is received - that transaction has to end.
> Further incomming MADs of that transaction should be dropped.
>
> I must miss something in your question.

To clarify:

Suppose two systems initiate RMPP transfers to each other.  Each system
would be sending and reassembling RMPP messages.  Both could select the same
TID.

Upon receiving an ACK, a system knows that it matches with the outbound
send.  A NACK however could match with either the outbound send or the
inbound receive.  System A needs to know if system B is attempting to stop
transaction from A to B or B to A.

Does that make more sense?