[openib-general] matching an RMPP NACK to send or receive?

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 14 13:52:47 PDT 2005

Hi Sean,

> Suppose two systems initiate RMPP transfers to each other.  Each system
> would be sending and reassembling RMPP messages.  Both could select the
same
> TID.

EZ: TID should consist of a client selected part and process ID. For kernels
I would select some part of the GUID too.
We need to minimize cases of same TID use. But in such case - abort both of
them.

> Does that make more sense?
EZ: Yes - but once the TID is the same I do not think there is an answer.
Another thought might be that if an active TID exists in the system a new
RMPP transaction with same TID should be denied...