[openib-general] matching an RMPP NACK to send or receive?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 14 14:01:58 PDT 2005

Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> EZ: TID should consist of a client selected part and process ID. For kernels
> I would select some part of the GUID too.
> We need to minimize cases of same TID use. But in such case - abort both of
> them.

I don't think that the receive handling code should make any assumptions
about the format of the TID.  Aborting both transactions seems a little
harsh, but not sure if there's another way.  For now, the code will only
abort a send, which should be the more common case.  I will need to add
aborting receives later and assume that actual TID collisions would be
extremely rare.

The RMPP status does help indicate whether a send or receive is being
aborted, but not in all cases.