[openib-general] Introducing IB MAD TCL API

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jul 15 06:02:18 PDT 2005

Hi Eitan,

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 16:46, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> Hal wrote:
> > Does this build ?
>
> > I get the following when I run autogen:
> > src/Makefile.am:46: AM_CFLAGS was already defined in condition TRUE,
> > which implies condition OSM_VENDOR_MTL_TRUE
>
> EZ: It built for me. On many types of machines/systems.
> I guess the issue is really with the fact it did not build on a clean
> environment.

Do these build for anyone else besides you ?

> Can you please tar and gzip the source tree you are using such that I
> can double check.

Yes but there is nothing different from your tree in OpenIB.

> Also please cat /etc/redhat-release and gcc --version

Various:

Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
gcc (GCC) 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)

> > Are these all ported and working in OpenIB ?
> EZ: They should - try only rely on osm vendor - and it should not have
> changed API. Did it?

It has not changed but the proof is in the pudding... Have you built and
run this with OpenIB ?

I don't see any OpenIB defines in the build (nor are the builds
following the OpenIB userspace conventions).

I also see ibgd and other indications in the build.

> > Do the files have the correct licenses ?
> EZ: Yes. Did you see a wrong one?

Yes, there are some in ibdm. You should go through your tools and check
all them out yourself.

> > The trunk is for eligible for release. IMO, it seems a little early
> yet
> > for this. I would like to get them all built for OpenIB and play wit
> > them a little.
> EZ: OK, but in order to integrate eventually to the trunk I will need
> to put them first on a branch - but probably in the right hierarchy -
> not a side branch - on a totally different place in the tree.

Do the tools not have the correct hierarchy already ?

How is the branch it is on different from any other branch ? You can
move it to another branch if that helps somehow.