[openib-general] uDAPL on OpenIB gen2

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jul 15 12:02:58 PDT 2005

Aniruddha Bohra wrote:

> James Lentini wrote:

Hi Aniruddha ,

Sorry, uDAPL is still in development (3 phases) and you picked up right
in the middle of IB_CM and IB_AT porting so things are a little tricky.
I would strongly recommend sticking with phase 1 for now ( svn r2830 ).

There are basically three phases to this development:

   1.  (get svn r2830) First phase ran with a SOCKET_CM and ib_uverbs.
Will scale out beyond 2 nodes. Does not require IPoIB.

   *2. Current Release:*
   (get svn r2831) Second phase with uCM and ib_uverbs. Path records are
hand-rolled. IP addresses are not used so ignore
   any reporting for now. Local LID/GID is picked up from port 1 and the
remote LID/GID is specified with enviroment variables.
   IP. You can use any remote address you want, it will simply pick up
your DAPL_REMOTE_GID and DAPL_REMOTE_LID.
   This is limited to loopback or 2 node configurations. Does not
require IPoIB.
    See openib/gen2/users/jlentini/userspace/dapl/openib/README for details.

    3. (in process, soon) Third and final phase will include uCM, uAT,
and ib_uverbs. I have this working and expect to put
    together a  patch next week. Note:  uAT still in separate branch
(/openib/gen2/branches/shaharf-ibat/src/userspace/libibat)
    This version will require IPoIB.

If you can wait a week then the uAT version will be ready and the IP
addresses to GID mappings will all match.

-arlin