[openib-general] uDAPL on OpenIB gen2

Aniruddha Bohra bohra at cs.rutgers.edu
Sun Jul 17 09:46:49 PDT 2005

> Sorry, uDAPL is still in development (3 phases) and you picked up
> right in the middle of IB_CM and IB_AT porting so things are a little
> tricky. I would strongly recommend sticking with phase 1 for now ( svn
> r2830 ).
>
> There are basically three phases to this development:
>
>   1.  (get svn r2830) First phase ran with a SOCKET_CM and ib_uverbs.
> Will scale out beyond 2 nodes. Does not require IPoIB.
>
>   *2. Current Release:*
>   (get svn r2831) Second phase with uCM and ib_uverbs. Path records
> are hand-rolled. IP addresses are not used so ignore
>   any reporting for now. Local LID/GID is picked up from port 1 and
> the remote LID/GID is specified with enviroment variables.
>   IP. You can use any remote address you want, it will simply pick up
> your DAPL_REMOTE_GID and DAPL_REMOTE_LID.
>   This is limited to loopback or 2 node configurations. Does not
> require IPoIB.
>    See openib/gen2/users/jlentini/userspace/dapl/openib/README for
> details.
>
>    3. (in process, soon) Third and final phase will include uCM, uAT,
> and ib_uverbs. I have this working and expect to put
>    together a  patch next week. Note:  uAT still in separate branch
> (/openib/gen2/branches/shaharf-ibat/src/userspace/libibat)
>    This version will require IPoIB.
>
> If you can wait a week then the uAT version will be ready and the IP
> addresses to GID mappings will all match.
>
> -arlin

Hi Arlin,
    Since this is an important decision and I guess the support to r2830
will vanish soon, I will wait
for a week. However, if you have even a development version that I can
help test, I would be more
than happy to. In any case, as soon as you have something ready to test,
I would like to do so.

Thanks
Aniruddha