[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary: OpenRDMA community development discussion

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 18:21:15 PDT 2005

> At OLS (and in previous forums), the kernel maintainers have made it
> *very* clear that there should only be one API.

It is good to know but can you be specific about who those maintainers
are and under what context they mentioned this at OLS and what ever the
previous forums that you are referring to (wish I had gone to OLS
but couldn't).

Per networking summit report (http://lwn.net/Articles/144272/),
my understanding is that the maintainers are looking for RDMA code but
there is no mention about the API aspects.

If anyone attended any one of the summits (netconf or kernel) and
would be great if they can shed some light on this discussion.

Thanks
Venkat