[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary: OpenRDMA community development discussion

Joel Krauska jkrauska at cisco.com
Thu Jul 28 18:39:00 PDT 2005

Venkata Jagana wrote:

>  > At OLS (and in previous forums), the kernel maintainers have made it
>  > *very* clear that there should only be one API.
>
> It is good to know but can you be specific about who those maintainers
> are and under what context they mentioned this at OLS and what ever the
> previous forums that you are referring to (wish I had gone to OLS
> but couldn't).

<my recollection of the discussion -- nothing more..>

I attended the OLS BOF on IB, and there was a bit of general scoffing
that OpenRDMA plans to provide some of the same hooks that OpenIB
already has...

(I don't know if this is true or what..)

The general statement I heard was that since OpenIB is already in the
mainline, future similar functionality should play nice with OpenIB
interfaces and not rewrite from scratch.

</my recollection of the discussion -- nothing more..>

They were also asking if any of the OpenRDMA folks were in the room, and
it seemed no one was..  (I don't consider myself "involved" in either
project.)

You might drop Bob Woodruff a line and ask for any clarification.

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=87

--joel