[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary: OpenRDMA community development discussion

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jul 29 01:18:55 PDT 2005

>> It is good to know but can you be specific about who those maintainers
>> are and under what context they mentioned this at OLS and what ever the
>> previous forums that you are referring to (wish I had gone to OLS
>> but couldn't).
>
>The general statement I heard was that since OpenIB is already in the
>mainline, future similar functionality should play nice with OpenIB
>interfaces and not rewrite from scratch.

During the IB BOF, I believe that it was Christoph who said something along the
lines of: an RNIC vendor that wants their driver included with Linux should
submit something that works with the OpenIB code currently in Linux with minimal
changes to the stack.  Once that's in, work can begin on slowly creating a
common RDMA API.