[openib-general] Send Side RMPP and OpenSM GetTableResp

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Wed Jun 1 12:06:42 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 14:49 -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 14:34, Tom Duffy wrote:
> > BTW, Hal, I just saw these fixes checked into Solaris Nevada (11) today:
> >
> > 6246111 IBCM confuses a retried REQ for a stale REQ
>
> This could come into play on SDP or kdapl interoperation with S10.

Further info on this:

        During interoperability testing with Voltaire SM, IBCM timeout
        tests
        exposed a bug in IBCM.

        Voltaire SM has a high PacketLifeTime (1 sec), this causes IBCM
        to retry much slowly. Due to the delayed retries the receiving IBCM
        thinks the retried REQ as a stale REQ and fails the connection.

> > 6247310 IBCM: Third Party SM can return different error code compared to IBSRM
>
> The juxtaposition of CM and SM is confusing to me so I'm not sure
> exactly what this is. Perhaps this is something to do with SA client
> interaction with CM. This is not related to RMPP.

Again, from the bug report:

        IB Specification does not dictate which is the correct "Error
        Code" returned by Subnet Manager if a PathLook-up from 'A' to
        'B' is Not available. It was left to implementors interpretation
        from the list of error codes available.

        IBSRM - return IBMF_SUCCESS with Zero Records, while
        3rd Party SM (TopSpin, Voltaire) returns - IBMF_NO_RECORDS/IBMF_REQ_INVALID

> > 6265425 crload test using abort and/or recycle exposes bugs in ibcm
>
> Is crload an Oracle test ?

Yes.  It was doing something along the lines of:

post recv buffer to ep
ep_connect
/* before connect completes */
ep_disconnect

> > Do you think any of these bugs could be contributing to what you are
> > seeing?
>
> Doubtful.

Good.  So, I should see the same behavior on Solaris 10 or 11.

-tduffy