[openib-general] opensm fails to bring up subnet..

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jun 3 13:08:05 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 15:58, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > Do you have any additional known good cables to try ?
>
> I have several cables I *could* try, but I have no idea which ones are
> good, or what ports are getting errors.
>
> Some lids seem to respond to 'perfquery', but I haven't been able to get
> any of my 8 port switches to respond. Is this something only in the 24
> port switch chips?

No. It may be the following: Although PMA is a required IB subagent per
the IB spec, it might not be available in all vendor products. That's
one possibility. Do all HCAs respond but not your switches ?

> Also, I have two machines in a state right now where they are printing
> out:
>
> kernel: unregister_netdevice: waiting for ib0 to become free. Usage
> count = 1

That's an IPoIB issue... What was the sequence of events which caused
this ?

> Finally.. perfquery has two 'RcvBytes' fields.. should the second one be
> 'RcvPkts' ?

Yes, good catch. Thanks.