[openib-general] uverbs performance; ibv_pingpong poll vs sleep

Steven Wooding sinate at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 04:29:16 PDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with uverbs performance.

I have compaired the data rates using ibv_pingpong with and without the -e option. Therefore, using polling and waiting the CQ events (sleeping).

For a data message size of 16K I get the following results:

Poll: 718 MB/s with CPU at 100%
Sleep: 479 MB/s with CPU at 16%

I suppose the decrease in throughput is due to the time it takes to get the CQ event.

Is there any way to trade off the data rate with the CPU usage (I was thinking of some timeout from polling).

Any suggests would be very welcome.

Regards,

Steve.