[openib-general] RMPP and timeouts/retries

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jun 7 22:25:22 PDT 2005

This seems very nice. Thank you.
The only thing I dislike in this API is the "implicit" behavior. I would prefer
a clear flag saying - is_response_expected. Rather than the timeout to flag
this. But this is a matter of taste not functionality.

I agree that a clear flag would be useful.  Some of the behavior with
retries/RMPP is the result of slowly adding in the features and not wanting to
change the API/existing implementations.  Timeout could be used for RMPP MADs
that do not generate a response, so adding the flag at some point makes sense.