[openib-general] opensm

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu Jun 9 13:48:22 PDT 2005

Hi Joe,

If you have a switch with an SM, you can use that one instead of
opensm. This is the configuration I use, but only because was the
simplest way for me to set things up. Others on this list will be able
to help you if you want to use OpenSM.

A real quick test to see if you can communicate is to use ping.

If you built the IB stack as modules, load the IPoIB driver:

modprobe ib_mthca
modprobe ib_ipoib

Regardless of how you compiled the code, ifconfig the ib interfaces
and then try a ping.

james