[openib-general] http://www.openib.org/doc.html update

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Jun 16 15:14:54 PDT 2005

I can see how to edit pages, but don't see any links or buttons to create new
pages...  I'm likely just missing it.  I'll look some more, but if you have a
pointer, that would be great.

> I thought we wanted to keep the Windows project separate from the
> Linux project and not share this short of thing though...

The source repositories have to stay separate due to licensing and hosting
issues.  I don't see why we have to keep the web content separate.  In fact,
since the Wiki is at the top level OpenIB domain, I think it's appropriate to
have Windows related information there.  It seems silly to duplicate the effort
you put in to create the Wiki - we surely all have better things to do.

If we don't want to share the Wiki, then the existing Wiki (and all Linux
related content) needs to move to a new subdomain like linux.openib.org, with a
top level page that directs people to the appropriate operating system.  As it
stands, having everything Linux related on the openib home page while limiting
Windows related content to a single link to a different server is not a proper
representation of what the OpenIB Alliance is doing.

- Fab