[openib-general] http://www.openib.org/doc.html update

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jun 16 15:21:33 PDT 2005

    Fab> I can see how to edit pages, but don't see any links or
    Fab> buttons to create new pages...  I'm likely just missing it.
    Fab> I'll look some more, but if you have a pointer, that would be
    Fab> great.

Actually I guess you have to create a link on an existing page first,
either implicitly by adding something in CamelCase, or explicitly by
tagging it as a link.  Then you can click on the link and start
editing your new page.

    Roland> I thought we wanted to keep the Windows project separate
    Roland> from the Linux project and not share this short of thing
    Roland> though...

    Fab> The source repositories have to stay separate due to
    Fab> licensing and hosting issues.  I don't see why we have to
    Fab> keep the web content separate.  In fact, since the Wiki is at
    Fab> the top level OpenIB domain, I think it's appropriate to have
    Fab> Windows related information there.  It seems silly to
    Fab> duplicate the effort you put in to create the Wiki - we
    Fab> surely all have better things to do.

Well, the supposed "licensing" issues never made any sense to me --
what is the the legal difference between separate directories on one
server and separate servers in the same domain?  But if it's OK to
share one wiki according to whatever the rules are, then I don't mind.

    Fab> If we don't want to share the Wiki, then the existing Wiki
    Fab> (and all Linux related content) needs to move to a new
    Fab> subdomain like linux.openib.org, with a top level page that
    Fab> directs people to the appropriate operating system.

That actually sounds like a good idea to me.

 - R.