[openib-general] RDMA write with immediate

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Jun 22 19:02:51 PDT 2005

    Josh> I'm trying to figure out how to do an RDMA write with
    Josh> immediate data.  I've got a regular RDMA write working and
    Josh> tried changing wr.opcode from IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE to
    Josh> IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE_WITH_IMM and stuffing a value in
    Josh> wr.imm_data to no avail.  The send fails.

This should work, and in fact I tested it a while ago, although it may
have broken in the meantime.

When you say that your send fails, what do you mean?  Does
ibv_post_send() return immediately with an error?  Or do you get a
completion for your send request with a failed status?  If so, what is
the status?  Or does the send just never complete and/or never show up
on the remote system?

 - R.