[openib-general] RDMA write with immediate

Josh England jjengla at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 23 04:36:46 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:02 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Josh> I'm trying to figure out how to do an RDMA write with
>     Josh> immediate data.  I've got a regular RDMA write working and
>     Josh> tried changing wr.opcode from IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE to
>     Josh> IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE_WITH_IMM and stuffing a value in
>     Josh> wr.imm_data to no avail.  The send fails.
>
> This should work, and in fact I tested it a while ago, although it may
> have broken in the meantime.
>
> When you say that your send fails, what do you mean?  Does
> ibv_post_send() return immediately with an error?  Or do you get a
> completion for your send request with a failed status?  If so, what is
> the status?

I get a completion with failed status 13.
Also, it prints out some junk just before the failed completion:
  [ 0] 007f0406
  [ 4] 00cf36ed
  [ 8] 001da414
  [ c] 00003800
  [10] 16870000
  [14] 00000000
  [18] 00000108
  [1c] ff100000

Again, this works just fine with IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE.  I'm using 2.6.11.11
with SVN rev 2606.  I'll update stuff and try again.

-JE