[openib-general] RDMA write with immediate

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jun 23 08:58:29 PDT 2005

    Josh> I get a completion with failed status 13.

    Josh> Again, this works just fine with IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE.  I'm
    Josh> using 2.6.11.11 with SVN rev 2606.  I'll update stuff and
    Josh> try again.

status 13 is "RNR retries exceeded."  This means that the remote side
did not have a receive ready to handle this work request.

What are you trying to do here?  The between RDMA write and RDMA write
with immediate operations is sending immediate data consumes a receive
request on the remote system and generates a completion with the
immediate data.  So you need to post a receive to handle RDMA write
with immediate but not regular RDMA write.

Did you modify your app to post the receive here?

 - R.