[openib-general] mapping between IP address and device name

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jun 24 09:28:19 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 12:19, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Sure, I understand why NFS/RDMA wants the peer address.  However,
> forcing this into kDAPL and then making kDAPL go through contortions
> to provide it seems like the wrong way around.  We end up with gross
> hacks like ATS, which only works for IPv4 and doesn't support multiple
> IP addresses on a single interface.

Why do you say ATS only works for IPv4 and doesn't support multiple IP
addresses on a single interface ? It certainly does the later. Both IPv4
and v6 addresses are accomodated in the ATS SR definition. Any IPv4ness
of the some ATS APIs (and the underlying implementation) need to be
enhanced for IPv6. That is on the TODO list.