[openib-general] mapping between IP address and device name

David M. Brean David.Brean at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 28 10:24:34 PDT 2005

The Sun implementation uses a Service ID from the "Local OS
Administrative" range when installing an entry in the SA.  So, the first
byte should be 0x2 in the ServiceID component in the SA record.  The
Service Name in the SA record contained the IP address with the NFS port
number appended at the end.  So, this component of the SA record would
appear as <IPaddress>:2049 where IPaddress is provided by the NFS
server.  So, the well-known TCP port number for NFS is used in the
Service Name.  [Note, the information that I have is from a discussion
with the Sun NFS team a year ago.  I haven't used an analyzer to examine
the data crossing the IB links.]

I think that a well-known Service ID has more value when using the CM
private-data mechanism.

[I have some comments about ATS vs CM private-data mechanisms that I'll
send in seperate mail.]

-David