[openib-general] [BUG]driver didn't accept ARP reply packet

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 29 21:03:48 PDT 2005

>Now I am adding a permanent arp entry to avoid this problem. It seems to
work fine.
Oops, I was wrong, it stopped to receive any packets.

Thanks
Shirley Ma
IBM Linux Technology Center
15300 SW Koll Parkway
Beaverton, OR 97006-6063
Phone(Fax): (503) 578-7638

Shirley Ma/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
Sent by: openib-general-bounces at openib.org
06/29/2005 08:59 PM

openib-general at openib.org
cc

Subject
[openib-general] [BUG]driver didn't accept ARP reply packet

I did netperf test over Mellanox 23108 4X HCA against r2720, after a while
the HCA stopped to accept packets.
I am pretty sure it's a bug in driver not IPoIB. rmmod ib_ipoib didn't
help, after removing ib_mthca, and restarted, the driver worked again.
It's easy to reprocude on my 4-way intel based systems.

I did saw the below messages from /var/log/messages, when this happened.

Jun 29 12:13:53 elm3a238 kernel: ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: Port change to
down for port 1
Jun 29 12:13:55 elm3a238 kernel: ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: Port change to
active for port 1

And the HCA didn't accept ARP reply packet afterwards.

Now I am adding a permanent arp entry to avoid this problem. It seems to
work fine. Anybody else saw this problem?

Thanks
Shirley Ma
IBM Linux Technology Center
15300 SW Koll Parkway